October 4, 2007

Three Days, Three Concerts

So, this weekend should be fun and full of sound. As things lined up, I'm going to hit three concerts this weekend.

Friday -
Avi & Celia are out of Vermont, having formed a couple years ago at the University of Vermont (where other notable acts such as Phish formed), and have recently been named the best act of the month by Higher Ground, the best music place in Vermont. They're doing a show at the Langdon Street Cafe, a small music venue in Montpelier.


Saturday -

Up at the University of Vermont, two bands are playing for the school, Guster with Brett Dennen opening for them. I've only listened to a limited number of these guys songs, but I've enjoyed them. Guster recently released their latest album, Ganging Up on the Sun, which has some good songs on it. Brett Dennen's got a folk-ish sound that's quite good. I'm looking forwards to this show, even though I just found out about it about a week ago.



She's Mine - Brett Dennen
Satellite - Guster


Sunday -


This is a show that I've really been looking forwards to for the past month or so, Brandi Carlile with A Fine Frenzy opening. Both women are fantastic singers, each with a fantastic sound. They're playing up at the Higher Ground Music Hall in South Burlington, and this should be a good one.


Rangers - A Fine Frenzy
The Story - Brandi Carlile

I'll most likely be posting up reviews of each of these concerts on Monday, when I get back to my computer, so stay tuned.