November 14, 2007

New Artist - Matt White


I just came across this artist while looking up another one - Matt White. He's currently on the road, opening for Third Eye Blind, currently playing in Elmira college tonight. He's just released his first album on October 30th, entitled Best Days, via Geffen Records and is currently a contender for VH1's Top 20 Countdown. This guy's really new - I can't find a whole lot of information on him. I suspect that given his image and sound, we'll start seeing him a little more often here and there.


Musically, he reminds me a lot of Matt Nathanson and John Mayer, although a little less annoying. I'll be keeping an eye out for more for him. From the songs that I've listened to and downloaded, he's got a pretty good voice, as well as a good beat. There's nothing rushed here, nor is there anything that's catagorically unpleasent about his work. However, there's not a whole lot that wholly stands above and beyond everyone else out there, but that's not really a bad thing. He certainly fits into a catagory that I really enjoy listening to.

Play - Matt White