November 6, 2007

New Mike Doughty

Mike Doughty announced on his website recently that he's just completed his latest album, called Golden Delicious, due out this coming Februrary. Add him on to the growing list of what looks to be good albums that are coming out.
I can't really remember how I first came across Doughty - he's got a deeper, gravely voice, and a good, hard rocking sound - his last album, Haughty Melodic, was a fantastic listen, with a number of excellent songs in there, such as I Hear Bells and Looking at the World Through the Bottom of a Well.
From the first listen here, his sound hasn't changed too much, although the songs seem to be a bit more full. 27 Jennifers is actually an older song of his, and seems to have been re-recorded, and it's got a richer sound. Here's the full track list:

1. Fort Hood
2. I Just Want The Girl In The Blue Dress To Keep On Dancing
3. Put It Down
4. More Bacon Than The Pan Can Handle
5. 27 Jennifers
6. I Wrote A Song About Your Car
7. I Got The Drop On You
8. Wednesday (Contra La Puerta)
9. Like A Luminous Girl
10. Nectarine (Part One)
11. Navigating By The Stars At Night

27 Jennifers - Mike Doughty
I Want the Girl in the Blue Dress to Dance - Mike Doughty