December 21, 2007

Christmas Time is Here


So, I'm going to jump on the Christmas-mix bandwagon, because this is probably going to be my last post for about a week. (I still don't have the internet at my place, and I get a week off from work, where I can get away from everything and read.) So, here are some of my favorite Christmas songs, new and old. The best of the list is the one at the bottom, which was part of the now canceled show Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

Santa Claus is Coming To Town
- Frank Sinatra

Silent Night
- Skye

The Christmas Song
- Nat King Cole

2000 Miles (The Pretenders) - Coldplay
When I Get Home For Christmas
- Snow Patrol

(There's No Place Like Home) For Christmas
- Perry Como

Jingle Bells
- Diana Krall

Here Comes Santa Claus
- Elvis Presley

Toy Soldiers
- Carbon Leaf

Silver Bells
- Kate Smith

Have Yourself a Merry Christmas
- Coldplay

Holly Jolly Christmas
- The Format

Christmas Time Is Here
- Vince Guaraldi Trio

Watermark - Enya
O' Holy Night
- Troy Andrews

After my break, we'll be back with the best song and album of the year, as well as my picks for the best new artists and some thoughts on what we'll be seeing next year. And, I've got an announcement for a huge, major feature that'll take up most of the year that I'm quite excited about. Stay tuned.