December 7, 2007

Weekend Mix - Home


So, I have a new apartment. I have to say, I lucked out completely here. a) The rent is fantastic. b) it's big, and I don't have a roommate. Bedroom's big, second bedroom is now a library/office, good sized kitchen as well as a living room. c) heat and water included and d) it's not far from where I work, and it's in a city (well, as close as you can get in Vermont).
Needless to say, I'm very pleased with this, especially since I'm no longer living at my parent's house. Not that I have anything against my parents, but it's nice not being the geek in the parent's house. I'm currently awaiting two more bookshelves from UPS, who apparently can't find my place. I also need to pick up a bunch of odds and ends, like a cutting board, pizza cutter and some pots.

Yeah...
So, here's some songs about homes:

Home - Alexi Murdoch
Going Home With You
- The Alternate Routes

Interior of a Dutch House
- Beirut

Can't Find My Way Home
- Blind Faith

Subterranean Homesick Blues
- Bob Dylan

Home - Carbon Leaf
Home
- Foo Fighters

On Your Porch
- The Format

I'm Goin' Home
- Hootie and the Blowfish

Home Life
- John Mayer

Welcome Home
- Peters and Lee

Homeward Bound
- Simon & Garfunkel

Screen Door
- Uncle Tupelo