February 26, 2008

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals : Toads Place 02-22-08



On Friday night, I drove down to New Haven, CT, to see Grace Potter & The Nocturnals for the 3rd time.
As always, it was a fantastic night. Their opening group, the Phonographs (I think) didn't do much for me, but once Grace hit the stage, they did a wonderful job. Great sound, as always, a couple new songs, a couple old ones and a bunch that I really liked.
Honestly, there's not a whole lot that I can say about Grace's live acts anymore, other than that they completely and utterly rocked.

Set List

Joey
Meantime
Ah Mary
Ain't No Time
Treat Me right
Stop the Bus
Sweet Emotion (Aerosmith)
Big White Gate
Mastermind
Sinking Man
Watching You
Nothing But the Water 1 >
Nothing But the Water 2 >
4-Way Drum
Nothing But the Water 2
Sweet Hands
Sugar (New)
Down by the River (Neil Young)
Encore:
Piss on your hand