April 9, 2008

Best of March

The image “http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/2401178028_d469fe0330.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

This is over a week late, but I've been pretty busy with work and school. That being said, there's been some really good bands that've released some really good songs in March. Here's the best of them:


I Will Follow You Into the Dark (Death Cab for Cutie) - A Fine Frenzy
- I saw this one performed life at the Iron Horse recently - one of the best covers that I've seen of this song.

Snakes and Ladders - Basia Bulat
In The Night - Basia Bulat
- I came across Bulat via NPR's all songs considered, and really like her energy and sound - it's got a lot of spirit.

Going On - Gnarls Barkley
- The other track after Run that I really got into from Gnarl Barkley's latest release, the Odd Couple.

Buffalo - Kathleen Edwards
Goodnight California - Kathleen Edwards
- Edwards was just in Vermont, and I wasn't able to make it out to see her, something that I was a bit bummed out about. These two tracks are the best off of her latest release, Asking for Flowers.

Punch Bowl - Punch Brothers
- One of the guys from Nickel Creek and some friends with their latest project. Their first album is fantastic, and this is a fun song.

Living Well is the Best Revenge - R.E.M.
- R.E.M.'s latest song is really catchy - I haven't really listened to REM extensively, but I think that I'm going to - their latest album sounds really good.

New Soul - Tristan Prettyman
- Lastly, that song that has been on the iPod commercial has already been covered - by Tristan Prettyman, who does a fantastic rendition of the song.