April 3, 2008

Thirty-One Today



A new Aimee Mann track's come up through the music blogs, and I have to say, I really like it.The song's from her upcoming album, @#%&*! Smilers, which is due out June 3rd, 2008.
I'm not a huge Aimee Mann fan, but I can't say that I've really listened too much to her. Lost In Space is the other song that I have, and really like it.
While listening to this song, I'm reminded about how much I can identify with music. The chorus, "I thought my life would be different somehow, I thought my life would be better by now." really hits me, as it's something that I've thought about and wondered as I've just graduated from college and embarked on a career, of some sorts. I find myself sitting at home alone, thinking that exact same thing.

Thirty-One Today - Aimee Mann