April 13, 2009

More Goodtimes are on the Way


London rocker Franc Cinelli aka Goodtimes Goodtimes is bringing back the goodtimes once again with an upcoming EP, tenatively titled Let It Begin.

Last year, I was completely blown away by his debut LP Glue, which I selected as my #5 album of 2008. Since then, he's been hard at work on a followup album, and we have some results coming soon. Over the past couple of months, Franc has released a couple of demos for audiences to listen to, and I've really liked much of what I've heard. Never Going Back, For All My Kingdom and Let It Begin all demonstrate a great amount of energy and some fun lyrics that I've come to expect from Goodtimes Goodtimes.

The songs that I've listened to from Let It Begin show a bit of a maturity in Franc's sound. There's the same enthusiasm that we saw in Glue, the same carefree nature with some of the songs, but there are some other, subtle moments here that display a growing confidence in sound and style, which I'm thrilled to hear. Almost everything was done right with Glue, and that was his first go-around. The expectations are certainly higher for this upcoming album and EP, and from the sounds of it, we're going to have those expectations met, if not exceeded.

Let It Begin - Goodtimes Goodtimes
The Rescue - Goodtimes Goodtimes