January 4, 2010

U-N-Me - The Watson Twins


As much as I really hate abbreviations for words, U for You, for example, but The Watson Twin's latest offering from their upcoming second album, Talking to You, Talking to Me, to be released February 9th, is pretty good. The twins, Leigh and Chandra Watson have never popped up on my radar beyond one of their tracks on the True Blood Soundtrack, and I have to consider my interest piqued for their upcoming album, to be released on the fantastic Vanguard records. (I'm not saying that to suck up to them - they just have an incredible number of really good artists there.)

Listening through what's to come with this album, I'm impressed with the easygoing country-folk-rock sound that they have, but more so with the twins' voices. It's not often that you see a double act such as this, and it works especially well with these two ladies. This album is certainly one of the first ones to look out for in 2010.

U-N-Me - The Watson Twins