June 28, 2007

Guidelines for Submissions and Contact

So, I've been getting a bunch of e-mails lately about bands and whatnot - I'm always happy to listen to new and upcoming groups, as well as general suggestions. A couple of things:

Listen to Me!

Great! Give me a link to a web page, some MP3s, or point me in the right direction - I'm always happy to listen.
However, this doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to post it up here. If I like what I hear, I'll post it. If I don't, well, sorry, keep trying?

Review these guys!

To do a formal review of an album, I need a hard copy. I'm away from my computer a lot, and I do a lot of my listening to albums while driving, so. Hard copies are most welcome.

Listen to them!

Okay, I'll give people a listen, but the same rules really apply - I'm really only going to put up people that I like and want to really do well, especially if they're an established band.

*%$&@*$#!

Okay, don't swear in your e-mails to me. I don't care if you're trying to be 'cool' or trying to relate to us bloggers/music hipsters/counterculture people or something, but honestly? It's not professional. I'm not against swearing, and will swear up a storm if needed, but when you're selling something? Not a great tactic. By all means, be personable and nice and all that.

Who do I talk to?
E-mail me here: carry.you.away.music@(no spam)gmail.com
(Remove the n0-spam)

That's all.