September 27, 2007

Five Bands that I've Seen


Ray Charles




- Ray Charles was probably one of the first artists that I saw in person who was a really big star. I don't remember a whole lot of the show, because I was very young at the time, but I do remember that he played a number of his classics and that in general, it was a fantastic night.

Georgia on my Mind - Ray Charles



Carbon Leaf





- I've seen these guys five times already, and they're certainly one of my favorite bands. I've enjoyed all of their concerts immencely, although some have been better than others. I can't wait to see them again at some point in the future.

Love Loss Hope Repeat - Carbon Leaf



Gordon Lightfoot



- Gordon Lightfoot has been a staple of my listening habits for a very long time, but it's only been within the past couple of years that I've really gotten to like his music. The concert that I was at really surprised me a little, but like the Ray Charles one, I was thrilled to hear a number of songs that I knew and enjoyed.

Canadian Railroad Trilogy - Gordon Lightfoot



Cary Brothers




- Cary Brothers just got his main album out, and I was able to see him at the Higher Ground earlier this year, which was a very fun concert. He played a number of songs from his album, and had a duet with Priscilla Ahn, who opened for him. I got a chance to talk with him a little after the show, and he was a pleasure to talk with. I'll be seeing him later on this year.

Ride - Cary Brothers


Grace Potter & The Nocturnals



- I've been out to see Grace Potter & The Nocturnals twice already this year and man, they're fantastic. Grace has an incredible sound, and the amount of energy that they had was just stunning. Plus, their music just rocks, and they look like they're having an absolutley fantastic time on in front of everyone.


Some Kind of Ride - Grace Potter & The Nocturnals



Other bands that I've seen:


The Wood's Tea Co. (Too many times to count)
The Alternate Routes
Priscilla Ahn
Stars of Track & Field
Steven Kellogg and the Sixers
Matt Nathanson
Paolo Nutini
Rane
Sara Wheeler

And ones that I'm planning on seeing:
B.J. Thomas
Billy Joe Royal
Brandi Carlile
A Fine Frenzy
Matt Nathanson
Cary Brothers
Dropkick Murphys (Maybe)