January 17, 2008

New Artist - Gregory Douglass




A couple weeks ago, I posted up my best new discoveries of 2007, a good list of new and upcoming artists that I'd come across and really enjoyed. One of the singers that I came across is a fellow Vermonter, Gregory Douglass, who hails from Burlington Vermont.
I got a tip from someone, pointing me out to this guy, and on a whim, I purchased his latest album, Up and Away, which was a 2006 release from Emote records, and was impressed from the start.
The album's really grown on me, with a fantastic, easy sound. He covers the piano, vocals and guitar, and has some really good lyrics to go along with it. I just covered another singer called Jason Spooner, and he's got a really similar sound to him. He's playing in Vermont tomorrow night at UVM and next month at the Higher Ground. I'll be heading over to the February show, if not tomorrow night's, because I'd really like to see him live in person.
In the meantime, vote for the video for Hang Around here, where he's up against several artists such as Mary J. Blige, Bloc Party, Colbie Caillat, Feist and a bunch of others.


Hang Around - Gregory Douglass